Friday, November 15, 2013

New Home

Hello, Chris here again updating for Nicole.  Everything happened really fast but Nicole is now at Martha T Berry in Mt. Clemens.  While we will miss the warm caring staff at Regency Manor, we feel like this new place is a better fit for Nicole.  There are some people close to her age there that have gone through similar experiences or are dealing with similar results from whatever ailment they had.  Nice thing is she is still going to get therapy that she desperately needs.  My mom and I have been talking and we are thinking of purchasing a used van that we can convert for wheelchair access so we can take her out of there (safely) on occasion to change up her daily monotony.  I think we have enough money left from your donations yo where she can still bridge the gap until Medicare picks up the tab again on her therapy.  I hope that is ok with everyone who has donated.  The van is something that we probably couldn't afford without these funds so thank you all again so much :)  When we find it (my Mom's hairdresser alerted us to one that's been driven by an elderly man and is in good shape) I will post pics.   I think we'd just need to outfit it with a lift and it'll be good to go.

As far as Nicole herself, she's still making steady but slow progress.  Our goals have been tempered but there's still hope.  The next step is getting her to be able to get out of bed on her own and into her chair.  If anyone knows of someone donating a mobile wheelchair btw, she could definitely use an upgrade.  The one she has now is ok but not all that...  I was hoping Medicaid would approve a new one but instead of a mobile unit, they approved a fixed chair (one that she'll use for her therapy, it's not for tooling around but stationary). 

Thats all I can think of for now.  I'll try and attach some pics from her new digs when I get a chance :)

Thanks again,

Nicole and Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment